And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, for he was teaching them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes (Matthew 7:28-29)The scribes and Pharisees spoke from “the authorities” of past rabbis and experts of the law. But Jesus spoke with the voice of God Himself.
God’s wisdom comes with obeying His wordHearing what’s right is not enough.
Knowing what’s right is not enough.
You need to have it inside you, be a part of you because you are obeying what’s right, you’re living it.
** The more you obey that which is right, the more you will be able to recognize that which is wrong. **
The two roads help you and me to examine the cost of our profession of faith. Is the way hard, is there a cost?
The two trees help us to see whether our lives are really changed – is there spiritual fruit?
The two houses give assurance that true faith in the Lord Jesus Christ will last – there will be strength, wisdom and courage for the crises of life, and there will be the assurance of God welcoming us into heaven on the last day.
Review what the Lord Jesus Christ is saying to you in these commands and warnings. Take one thing and apply it before this day is done; God will help you, by His spirit.
* Jesus may be saying you have to stop judging someone,
* Or you may need to persevere in prayer about something, specially in asking for wisdom.
* God may be calling you to love someone else the way you want them to love you.
* Could be God is pointing out where you have chosen the wide gate instead of the narrow gate.
* Could be you‘ve been learning a lot in studying the Bible but you haven’t been obeying it.
How ready are you to go to the next level with God and do what Jesus is teaching you as He enables you?
If this post got you to thinking, please leave a comment by clicking on the word "comments" below, and join the conversation