Friday, December 3, 2010

"Fire In My Bones" by J. Lee Grady (Elizabeth)

There would be no Christmas story without the Holy Spirit’s power.

Elizabeth, John the Baptist’s mother, rarely appears in nativity scenes or Christmas card illustrations. She seems like a minor player. Yet Luke tells us that she was filled with the Holy Spirit when Mary came to visit her at her home in Judah (see Luke 1:39-45). How was the Spirit’s power manifested in her life? Luke says she “cried out with a loud voice” and announced that Mary was carrying the Christ child. Her prophetic encouragement was crucial in Mary’s life.

Elizabeth reminds me that the Spirit is an Encourager and a Comforter, and that I cannot make this spiritual journey without His help. I must also recognize that God sometimes brings people into my life to provide words to sustain me.

[I am indebted to J. Lee Grady for the above, published in Charisma Magazine]

If this post got you to thinking, please leave a comment and join the conversation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts